POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV 3.5 documentation : POV 3.5 documentation Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:19:58 EDT (-0400)
  POV 3.5 documentation
From: Francois Le Coat/mailaxis
Date: 14 Sep 2001 09:44:11
Message: <3BA2097E.D0AB65A1@ief.u-psud.fr>
Hi all,

I'm using UNIX or ATARI platforms, and beta 3.5 are not yet released.
I must precise that I compiled 3.1g unofficial version for ATARI, and
that it is available on my home page. I used a modified version of 3.1g

a 2D Graph Describer, and 3D modeller of explicit mathematical surfaces.
In my software, I export scripts from 3.1 version of POVRAY as you can
see on "http://eureka.atari.org/vrml" link. It seems that POVRAY 3.5
has a completely new manner to handle 3D explicit surfaces. I used to
define a "mesh" containing an explicit formula of the explicit surface,
and describing the vertex and it's normals, computed from the surface's
definition. That produced a really long parsing, due to the definition
of
macros for the points, and the normals.
As I suspect, the explicit formula of 3D surfaces is now sufficient to
define a 3D shape. Am I wrong ? If not, I would really appreciate to
read the 3.5 documentation about that topic. Is there any online
documentation available on the WEB ? I really look forward to read it.

Thanks for your help,

Best regards,

http://eureka.atari.org
mailto:lec### [at] atariorg